The lack of self discipline is one of the greatest flaws of man. When he comes to the point of realization, he begins to see that if he does not make changes to his life but continues in this present position, failure is the only outcome.
He may find the need to improve on his lack of right actions, but as long as he yields continually, to this besetting sin, he would only facilitate his demise. This sin spoken of is not just an act but a being. It is a person that resides permanently inside of this man, becoming a co-host to his body.
The result of this is stagnancy and a lack of focus, leading to the inability to think straight. There can be no positive creativity from such a man, only the ability to talk big and think wishfully. Fool’s paradise is the dwelling place of said man. When no internal government presides over this man, sloth takes up residence in his temple, his days cease to be numbered but rather the counted down to his last breath begins, for the grave can be his only salvation.
What can this man do to save himself from this?
- He must learn to delay gratification
- He must identify that the lack of self discipline is a problem
- He must beat his body into submission, he is to master the body “ for food is for man and not man for food”
- He must go about snooping in Gods journal “word in the word”. Learn to understand Gods word in context
- He must learn to spot his root habit: that is focusing on pattern or habit, this will eventually change other things
- He must accept that listening is an art, and not a science
- Most importantly he must allow God alter his character so that he can learn to listen to the holy spirit
- He would realize that patterns begin to make more and more sense when he starts to listen to God
This kind of man must note that “to hear a thing does not necessarily happen when it is spoken, but when he is in a state to listen to it and understand!”
Selah: Pause and Think thank about this, so that we all can learn and think about all of this too